Leila Mucarsel, joven argentina que participó en este programa, nos escribe:
"Hola a tod@s! Esta es una oportunidad maravillosa que recomiendo a todas y todos. Consiste en una experiencia de trabajo en UNFPA, el Fondo de Población de Naciones Unidas. Algunos de los requisitos fundamentales para postular son:
- Entre 20 y 24.
- Manejo fluido del inglés (oral y escrito)
- Residencia y la nacionalidad de un país en desarrollo. (Los solicitantes de los países desarrollados no serán considerados para este programa, pero se los invita a postular para el programa de prácticas regulares del UNFPA).
- Interes y dedicación en cuestiones relacionadas con desarrollo a través de experiencias anteriores y/o afiliación con redes de jóvenes o de organizaciones no gubernamentales.
- Fecha límite para postular : 25 de Enero de 2010
Por favor circulenlo en sus redes , conocidos y amigos!!
Gracias!!! Un abrazo !!
*** Por favor distribuir ampliamente ***
***Please circulate widely***
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE 2010 BATCH OF UNFPA SPECIAL YOUTH PROGRAMME
UNFPA will recruit six young people to be Special Youth Fellows from 1 April – 31 December 2010.
Background Information Your browser may not support display of this
The Special Youth Programme fellowship consists of an initial 4.5
months fellowship at UNFPA Headquarters, New York, followed by a
continued fellowship of another 4.5 months in the UNFPA Office in the
country of the fellow.
This programme is designed to give young people from developing
countries opportunities to engage in policy development and
programming; to help build the capacity of young people; and to
sensitize both young people and UNFPA staff on partnering to address
adolescent and youth issues.
During the course of the programme, fellows will:
- Attend and participate in UNFPA and UN events and meetings as
- Undertake research and writing assignments
- Contribute to ongoing projects and programmes
- Organize a final presentation to UNFPA HQ staff on their projects
and fellowships in Headquarters
- Interact with the New York local youth community on at least one
- Develop a relationship with the Regional and Country Office and
provide updates on their activities during the HQ fellowship and
provide updates to HQ during fellowship at Regional or Country Office
All selected candidates will be provided:
- Cost of return travel from country of origin
- Assistance with travel documents and visa requirements
- Health insurance
- Housing arrangements
- Subsistence allowance (for meals and other basic needs)
- A workstation and internet access
- Opportunities to be mentored by UNFPA staff on issues of interest
- Administrative assistance as required
Qualifications and Experience Your browser may not support display of
this image. Criteria
Candidates must have some programme experience in areas of UNFPA’s
mandate. These areas include: young people’s sexual and reproductive
health, reproductive rights, humanitarian response, population,
gender, culture, human rights, HIV prevention, poverty reduction, and
- Aged between 20-24 years old. Applicants born before 1 January 1987
will not be considered. No exceptions.
- Residence and nationality of a developing country. Applicants from
developed countries will not be considered for this programme, but are
invited to apply for UNFPA’s regular internship programme.
- Established interest and dedication to development issues through
previous experiences or affiliation with a youth network or NGO
working on development issues
- Basic leadership and advocacy skills
- Basic understanding of issues of importance to UNFPA and what the
organization stands for
- English language skills (written and oral)
- Commitment to return to home country to undertake follow up work
with young people
Applications will open 10 January 2010. The deadline for applications
is 25 January 2010. Only those candidates that are shortlisted will be
contacted. Interviews will take place tentatively in mid-February.
To apply for this programme go to
http://www.unfpa.org/employment/vacancy.htm and click on “Apply
Online”. Please click on the vacancy for your region. Feel free to
contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.